ImmunoCAP Rapid is a point-of-care device for evaluation of patients with allergy related symptoms. It contains ten allergens that constitute a symptom and age oriented allergen profile. The test results are qualitative or semiquantitative (US and Japan) and are read visually or with help from a color guide (Japan) or a separate reader (US).
ImmunoCAP Rapid generates a reliable, easy-to-understand IgE profile of both children and adults with symptoms of wheezing and rhinitis.
The test result provides direction on further action to take – such as appropriate medication and /or referrals – right in the physician’s office.
The clinical value has been demonstrated in clinical studies:
- More than 95% of the allergic patients studied were identified with ImmunoCAP Rapid.
- ImmunoCAP Rapid has a high positive predictive ability to identify triggering allergens in allergic patients.
- There is a good correlation between positive ImmunoCAP Rapid results and specific IgE results above 1 kua/l measured with ImmunoCAP laboratory tests.
- ImmunoCAP Rapid is easy to perform and gives readable results in 20 minutes. It can conveniently be employed in the physician’s office.
- ImmunoCAP Rapid generates and IgE allergy profile of children and adults with symptoms of wheezing or rhinitis. Just place a drop of blood in the sample well, wait 20 minutes and read the results as colored bands.
ImmunoCAP Rapid is available in Italy, Spain, Sweden Switzerland, the UK, Japan and the US.
For patient tips and tools for managing allergic disaeses, please visit www.isitallergy.com