ImmunoCAP Rapid is a point-of-care device for the evaluation of patients with allergy-related symptoms. It contains ten allergens that constitute a symptom- and age-oriented allergen profile. The test results are qualitative or semiquantitative (US and Japan), and are read visually or using a colour guide (Japan) or a separate reader (US).
ImmunoCAP Rapid generates a reliable, easy-to-understand IgE profile for both children and adults with symptoms of wheezing or rhinitis.
The test results provide immediate direction on further action to take – such as appropriate medication and/or referrals –in the consulting room.
The clinical value has been demonstrated in clinical studies:
- More than 95% of allergic patients studied were identified with ImmunoCAP Rapid.
- ImmunoCAP Rapid has a high positive predictive ability to identify triggering allergens in allergic patients.
- There is a good correlation between positive ImmunoCAP Rapid results and specific IgE results above 1 kua/l measured with ImmunoCAP laboratory tests.
- ImmunoCAP Rapid is easy to perform and gives readable results in 20 minutes. It can be used conveniently in the consulting room.
- ImmunoCAP Rapid generates an IgE allergy profile for children and adults with symptoms of wheezing or rhinitis. Just place a drop of blood in the sample well, wait 20 minutes and read the results as coloured bands.
ImmunoCAP Rapid is available in Italy, Spain, Sweden Switzerland, the UK, Japan and the US.
For tips and tools for patients for managing allergic diseases, please visit www.isitallergy.com